My office recently brought on two new graduate research assistants. They are both very young, nice, and professional-looking; they dress much more business-like than I do. I'm feeling a little under-utilized (I was out of the office for six days and had not one voicemail and all of three emails to take care of when I returned this morning). Part of me thinks this is nothing to complain about--but at the same time, am I missing something? There is enough work here to be done that we need
two graduate research assistants, and yet I find time to reformat my "blog" and type an entry or two. I keep asking for work. I guess I have to ask harder? This is slightly disconcerting.
What I think it means is that I feel more like I should be a graduate student, but really, my job is nothing at all like what Graduate students do. I'm an office worker.
Perhaps I should try to find a job
here so I can take this tram to work with this view:

No comments:
Post a Comment